Thread: Hello Everyone!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It could be that your local chapter is not real hospitable. It could also be that they have an email address that is essentially abandoned, or that the person who's supposed to respond just doesn't. I'd say find out when their meetings are held and go to one.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Hang in there! Unfortunately some chapters are less than enthusiastic about certain segments of aviation. I'm blessed to be in a chapter where all are welcome-- we have significant participation by members who are nether pilots, builders, nor owners--they simply have a love for aviation.
    That sounds like a pretty good gig, hopefully it's not that they don't care to cater to anyone on a true ultralight. I want to build something bigger later on down the line...the RV's are really nice and I thoroughly enjoy watching the build videos on youtube...but if I attempted to build one now I'd have to add at least 20 or 30k to the cost for a divorce attorney haha
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    It could be that your local chapter is not real hospitable. It could also be that they have an email address that is essentially abandoned, or that the person who's supposed to respond just doesn't. I'd say find out when their meetings are held and go to one.
    I am hoping it's just a forgotten email, but I have actually looked at their calendar, which is updated, and every meeting they have is located at a local restaurant at 1:00 p.m. so the best I can figure is that it's more than likely a group of retired guys lol. I really wanted to hook up with the local chapter just to make some connections and make friends that can fly with and guide me into this but it looks like I'll have my private certificate before that happens lol

We would be glad to have you attend our chapter 1202 meetings and activities. We meet on the second Saturday @ KFVX for breakfast at 8:00 meeting at 9:00 hang around and BS for a while and usually a gaggle of us will fly somewhere for lunch. As know EAA really stands for Eat At Airport.

I appreciate that but I'm a good ways away from Farmville lol