Thread: AN Fittings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hstaton View Post
    I am attempting to build a library of AN tube fittings, and am having a devil of a time finding properly dimensioned drawings. If anyone can point me to decent source, that would be a marvelous thing. TIA
    There has been a lot of good discussion here but nothing that points to a hard answer. Through my profession, I have access to commercially available CAD libraries and MIL specs that the home user does not. Having said that, the next best thing is to:
    1. Make a list of the families of AN parts to be created. This does not need to include dash numbers!
    2. Visit http://everyspec.com/ (yes, there are other sites that have the same information too)
    3. Search for the base part number (again no dash numbers, i.e. AN821)
    4. When the search results are returned do not select the newest file. Most, if not all, of these specs have been cancelled by the DoD. All the newest file will usually contain is a cancellation notice and a pointer to the industry group that is now supporting the spec that will happily sell you the latest copy for a fee. Choose one of the older specs as this will contain a generic drawing with a table of dimensions for each dash number.
    5. Collect the PDF versions of the specs and have fun building your CAD library of parts.
    6. DON'T FORGET TO SHARE!

Yes, you can used this approach to get the datasheet for practically every AN, MS, or NAS part.

Cheers,
    Kurt
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Kurt Flunkn; 08-22-2016 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Typo