Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Well, is it time to start the thread of what band will play opening day yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Delene View Post
    'Third Eye Blind' is in the news right now. Maybe it will be toned down some next week??

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...rd_eye_bl.html
    Again, a weird choice for airventure, a crowd that will I assume be more on the conservative side. I really think they dropped the ball after last years opening concert success
    Last edited by deftone; 07-20-2016 at 01:10 PM. Reason: darn autocorrect

Well, I guess I can check that off the list. Dierks would have been awesome to see.

Just came here to post about that. I have zero interest in the political views of band members. And if it's a band of has-beens expressing those views, I have even less interest if possible. Definitely won't be attending the opening-night concert this year. And why did the EAA schedule Ladies Must Swing on the same night as the Theatre in the Woods Pearl Harbor presentation? For that matter, why schedule the Pearl Harbor planes at Warbirds in Review at the exact same time as the Arizona Memorial chief historian's forum?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeagleOne View Post
    And why did the EAA schedule Ladies Must Swing on the same night as the Theatre in the Woods Pearl Harbor presentation? For that matter, why schedule the Pearl Harbor planes at Warbirds in Review at the exact same time as the Arizona Memorial chief historian's forum?
    Beagle, everything in this big ole crazy world is about managing expectations and prioritizing competing interests. It takes an adept hand and one hopes to be as competent at it as is possible but in the end it's a losing proposition.

On the other hand, you can follow the Ricky Nelson philosophy of long unobstructed life if you want. It minimizes stress and anxiety to almost zero while maximizing life energy.........

"Ya know you can't please everyone, so ya gotta please yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Delene View Post
    'Third Eye Blind' is in the news right now. Maybe it will be toned down some next week??

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...rd_eye_bl.html
    from what I read in the article, toning down is not likely. Maybe best to find something else to do Monday night, like bratwurst pizza.

I really dont don't care what the politics of a musician, film actor, or another artist may be, as long as they don't try to peddle their politics on stage.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

The saddest part is that they weren't even playing an RNC concert. Their concert was supposed to benefit an apolitical charity. But they trolled their audience and then refused to play any of the few good songs they had. So they made a weak political point at the expense of their fans and a charity. Definitely finding something else to do Monday night, and hope the EAA folks find better acts for future opening nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Beagle, everything in this big ole crazy world is about managing expectations and prioritizing competing interests.
    Except the two presentations on Pearl Harbor are not competing interests. They would appeal to the same audience. Too bad they were scheduled at the exact same time.