Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why doesn't EAA AirVenture have this?

That brochure they give you has all the vendors listed, maps, the forums and everything else. I'd just start by looking there. We all have different interests, one likes this, the next likes that. Of course there is usually a volunteer with a vest and badge not far away to ask too.

Not really knocking the idea though.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dougbush View Post
    Didn't you get the free map upon arrival? The map shows how everything is laid out, and is much better than an orientation tent with looping video, because you can take a map with you and refer to it as needed.
    That said, I think the maps have room for improvement. (Meaning prior years' maps--I haven't seen this year's.)
    dougbush,
    You have a good point with the map.
    There is something about a looping video that can, in a short time, explain clearly how to navigate (get around) the grounds.
    Kind of like a picture is worth a thousand words.
    A video is worth a million and more.
    It is all about efficiency and how to experience what AirVenture has offer, in a easy explainable manner in the shortest possible time.
    Most people would embrace learning something, if it only takes 15 -20 minutes.
    Especially if they just paid $45 for it.

Orientation - A course introducing a new situation or environment

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Delene View Post
    That brochure they give you has all the vendors listed, maps, the forums and everything else. I'd just start by looking there. We all have different interests, one likes this, the next likes that. Of course there is usually a volunteer with a vest and badge not far away to ask too.
    Not really knocking the idea though.
    Joe Delene,
    Thanks for not knocking the idea.
    Human interaction cannot be underestimated, heck that is the real reason I like AirVenture.
    With all these electronic gadgets, it seems like us humans are interacting less with each other.
    If they would give me a tent and big screen projector, I would volunteer to run the Orientation tent myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    If they would give me a tent and big screen projector, I would volunteer to run the Orientation tent myself.
    How about just putting the video on the AirVenture website so we could get orientated before we get there?

Quote Originally Posted by dougbush View Post
    How about just putting the video on the AirVenture website so we could get orientated before we get there?
    That's a good idea, but it shouldn't replace Feldman's idea of a dedicated orientation tent just inside the gate. I'll bet the proportion of people visiting the physical site who spend much time on the web site first is still very small.

Mike E