Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motor Home Camping at OSH

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    I have nothing against Sleepy Hollow and have a number of friends that stay there, but a word of warning. It is right across the street from the SOS Bros. beer tent, which typically has bands playing most every night. Some of the bands are good, some not so good, but they are all very LOUD! Bring your earplugs if you want some quiet in the evening.

They are loud.....up until 11 or 12, I'm not sure. They must have a curfew because I've been staying there for 13 or 14 years, up in the little "cove" that's closest to Waukau<spelling> and it's never been a problem. When I go to bed (about 10) I hear them, but it seems like 11 or 12, they put a lid on it,totally. The noise isn't really that bad anyway. AND it's not a bad palce to eat supper and get a beer after all day on the airport. Matter of fact, it's really good.....and close.
    Sleepy Hollow also runs a free (tips accepted) shuttle to & from the gate. AND most of the drivers are GORGEOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    They are loud.....up until 11 or 12, I'm not sure. They must have a curfew because I've been staying there for 13 or 14 years, up in the little "cove" that's closest to Waukau<spelling> and it's never been a problem. When I go to bed (about 10) I hear them, but it seems like 11 or 12, they put a lid on it,totally.
    They (SOS brothers) do have a "hard stop" in the evening. I've been there when they pulled the plug...

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    Do the rental companies deliver to Scholler Yes they do, in my experience Camp Scholler is closer to the main gate but you have to get there early to get close, if you are in the middle or out by 41 they do have bus service to drop you at the entrance to the Air Show....
    Do you guys know which companies will deliver to Scholler?

I thought they they only delivered to the private campgrounds ...

Quote Originally Posted by TedK View Post
    Do you guys know which companies will deliver to Scholler?

I thought they they only delivered to the private campgrounds ...
    I haven't rented but I believe one of them is Van Boxtel: http://www.vanboxtelrv.com/rv-rentals.html
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Motorhome Camping at OSH

Jim you are correct. They just told me that Sleep Hollow will reserve your spot after Jan 1 but Camp Scholler will start charging you for the requested spot the day you say you want it. I called Van Boxtel during OSH 2014 and booked the last Class A they had. Not cheap but it is better for my family. How is the wing coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Md11pilot View Post
    Jim you are correct. They just told me that Sleep Hollow will reserve your spot after Jan 1 but Camp Scholler will start charging you for the requested spot the day you say you want it. I called Van Boxtel during OSH 2014 and booked the last Class A they had. Not cheap but it is better for my family. How is the wing coming?
    Scholler does charge a lower rate from opening day until a week or so before the show, but it is still money. I haven't tried Sleepy Hollow but they sound like a nice place. Good to hear that you have a motorhome reserved! I have friends from Chicago that were booked for a regular Class A that died on the way to their house and they ended up with a longer, larger, Freightliner based mega-rig! We gave them all kinds of grief about the size of that puppy, but they were definitely comfortable.

The wing is doing well, they both are. Best part is I did get some tail INSTALLED before I left for my trip. Everything is hooked up and safetied, just needs to be rigged and inspected. Unfortunately I won't get much more done before the beginning of the year, domestic flying is crazy during peak on the A-300.

Jim

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Jim Hann; 11-13-2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: clarification
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem