Thread: What happened to Ultralights?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The insurance thing is a bogus excuse. The USUA offers insurance for ultralights. But who needs insrurance when you are not flying over homes or people. Its a bogus excuse.

Look at the Legal eagle. Its a good ultralight and you do not need a two stroke to operate it or for it to fly.

For training you will not find any. The best you can do is ind someone with a two seat quicksilver or something like it and have them show you what you need to fly. That will be tough.

No matter what anyone tells you this is a product of HLS. Back in the days of Sport Pilot talk radio, Roy had a man on there from the FAA. At that time HLS, wanted a shoulder launch system to bring down ultralights. They decided the best approach, just kill the idea of ultralights all together.

Sure you can fly one, just don't ask for training. Our government does this when they do not want its citizens to do a certain thing. They say , yes you can do it, but trying to do such and such to get to the point of doing such and such will be illegal. I could give a lot of examples of this but why.

Its not just your dream of flying that is doomed. Its all General Aviation away from the big iron that is doomed. HLS would prefer us all to walk and then they will give you a ticket for walking, it will be a tax thing I am sure.

I have looked at my EAA chapters for help with my EAB. I found none so do not be surprised when you find no help with an ultralight dream.

Now we will hear from those who are lucky enough to have an active EAA club that does something more then sell something to eat and just how bogus this is. If you put a number to it, I bet less then 5% of the EAA clubs do something besides sell food out of all the hundreds if not thousands of EAA clubs out in the world.

Yes they are producing new ultralights. the question is..are they selling any. I doubt they are selling much and we have uncle Sam to thank along with the members of the FAA. That means we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Tony
    Last edited by 1600vw; 06-11-2014 at 04:56 AM.