Thread: Mass produced vtol aircraft to eliminate eventual global gridlock of ground vehicles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Hi John, it is a modern day version of POGO shown in the following you tube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh9dhBJY010
    Very interesting. I would be interested in hearing how you are solving some of the technical challenges associated with the original XFY-1.

Name:  19730274000a.JPG
Views: 1776
Size:  69.6 KB

More info here, for those interested.

Hi John, my design solves all of the issues described in the article. The aircraft will be easier to land than any current aircraft. Today's technology makes all other issues easily solved. The major challenge will be
    getting enough interest to mass produce the aircraft. Initially it will compete with the current market and only after enough interest is generated will it be able to be mass produced. I am hoping a mass produced
    price of around $50.000 would generate enough interest to make mass production profitable. I will update you as things progress.
    Stan

Please explain how a relatively low-time private pilot type is going to successfully land that aircraft when the computerized flight controls malfunction or fail. The Convair 'Pogo' is in several 'World's worst aircraft' type books, and for good reason.

I'd also like to see you actually address the MANY questions that have been brought up in this thread...you've dodged nearly all of them, and that certainly isn't giving you any credibility. It's as if you haven't thought of any of these issues, and have no idea how to address them, or know much of anything about aircraft design, certification, etc. Prove me wrong.

The aircraft will be easier to land than any current aircraft.
    In that configuration in a 4 knot crosswind I think not.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

reading this thread makes me think of this song:

http://youtu.be/r1SCu9yiBlo

caution NSFW!!!