Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Icon A5 Request For Weight Increase Exemption Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
    http://www.iconaircraft.com/buy-your-icon.html

Alaskan Amber or Fat Tire, please.
    You got it! Thanks, once again Icon has managed to bewilder me. I knew the price was going up but the day before the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    You got it! Thanks, once again Icon has managed to bewilder me. I knew the price was going up but the day before the show?
    Agreed! I had seen recent posts from Icon on Facebook putting the price closer to $170K which falls in line with CPI-W rates, but $189K is ridiculous!!

They state they are using CPI-W as of July 1st 2013. I checked a few CPI-W calculators on the Internet and using a starting amount of $139,000 and generously picking 2005 and not 2008 as the starting year the CPI-W would put the current price of the A5 at close to $165,000 (again using the $139K as the basis starting amount).

I guess with the extra weight comes an extra fat price as well....
    Last edited by kmhd1; 07-28-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Popeye, thanks for the information and the extra research regarding the Part 23 stuff you posted earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by kmhd1 View Post
    Agreed! I had seen recent posts from Icon on Facebook putting the price closer to $170K which falls in line with CPI-W rates, but $189K is ridiculous!!

They state they are using CPI-W as of July 1st 2013. I checked a few CPI-W calculators on the Internet and using a starting amount of $139,000 and generously picking 2005 and not 2008 as the starting year the CPI-W would put the current price of the A5 at close to $165,000 (again using the $139K as the basis starting amount).

I guess with the extra weight comes an extra fat price as well....
    Well, I think they told people the price would be somewhere 180,000usd last year at EAA.

Quote Originally Posted by kmhd
    Agreed! I had seen recent posts from Icon on Facebook putting the price closer to $170K which falls in line with CPI-W rates, but $189K is ridiculous!!.
    $60,000 more than a Sea Rey, weighs 250 pounds more while flying on the same engine. But then, it has a power wing fold and extra flashy lights.

Ron Wanttaja

And cup holders. Can't forget the cup holders.

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    $60,000 more than a Sea Rey, weighs 250 pounds more while flying on the same engine. But then, it has a power wing fold and extra flashy lights.

Ron Wanttaja
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    And cup holders. Can't forget the cup holders.

Or that new Sonex mini jet, the subSonex, that's about the same price ($125,000).... plus the wings are removable... no cup holders though.

Or that new Sonex mini jet, the subSonex, that's about the same price ($125,000).... plus the wings are removable... no cup holders though.
    You'll be too busy having fun in a SubSonex to need cup holders!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerhythm View Post
    Well, I think they told people the price would be somewhere 180,000usd last year at EAA.
    I was at EAA Airventure last year and spoke to the Icon folks at length. They were still quoting the $139,000 plus CPI price which one of them told me would be in the $160K to $170K range.

Oh well, not like I could have afforded one even at the $139K price anyway....
    Last edited by kmhd1; 07-28-2013 at 03:21 PM.

It's got cup holders...you just don't recognize them, since they're oriented horizontally 'cause the SubSonex is so fast....Name:  pilot_beer4.gif
Views: 411
Size:  3.6 KB

Ron Wanttaja