Quote Originally Posted by flymichigan View Post
I have been to Airventure 6 or 7 times, but this year I am bringing all 3 of my kids to camp Scholler for the week. They age from 8-13. Only one, the boy, is plane crazy like his dad. The others are just coming along for the ride. I am a little concerned that the actual show is not going to keep their interest for the whole week. In addition to the kidventure activities, I am hoping the camping experience will help make their Oshkosh experience amazing.

In past years, I have not seen an abundance of kids in any one area of camp Scholler. Is there a camping area where we are more likely to be around kids their ages? An unofficial family area? I would love for them to make friends that they could see every year.

Thanks,
Bryan Dever
You hopefully won't have to worry too much about it. My kids are 7 and 9 and have been camping at OSH every year since they were born. It's now the highlight of their summer as well (seriously, my wife and I were talking about skipping OSH this year because we've got a lot going on this summer, and the kids were devastated, so we relented and are coming, just at a different part of the week from our normal plan).

Aside from the airshow - especially the nighttime one - and the general camping experience, and kidventure, which you mentioned, my kids like the museum (especially when it's hot outside), the fly-in-theater movies, and just the whole experience of having ice cream, donuts, concerts, walking around the vintage planes, etc.

Steve