Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Problems Dealing with The New Firewall Forward in Fort Collins, CO?

Flying Ron, my post had the wrong poster, sorry about that. It was D. Weatherald that wrote "still EAA gave them a booth", not you.

I had the words and thought correct, but not the person.

And my reply is the same, EAA rented the booth, not gave it.

Out of curiosity, I asked my Son Charles who is a lawyer about the case. Now, I only gave him a brief 2 min summary and he is a criminal lawyer, an assistant district attorney, not a civil one, so it is really an educated guess, but he has been to Oshkosh and is familiar.

Charles didn't think that EAA would be liable for any bad business practice of Firewall, just because letting them rent a commercial space at Osh.

I'd be interested to know if there are any civil lawyers here on the forum that have an opinion, pro bono of course, please don't send me a bill.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 09-26-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Beware of the New Firewall Forward Engine Overhaul Shop

Just a warning to any aircraft owners that are looking for an engine shop for their next overhaul. If you are considering the New Firewall Forward shop in Loveland Colorado take it from someone that has dealt with them for the last two years, save yourself a lot of grief and avoid this shop at all possible costs. In addition to all of the other problems with them listed on the EAA forum I can attest that their engine warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. I have been promised reimbursement for warranty work that was done on my engine two years ago and have never seen a single dime, just a lot of check is in the mail promises. Then when I had a cylinder not pass the annual due to low compression there response is that the excessive cylinder wear is not covered under their warranty. Apparently nothing is covered under their warranty, its simply a piece of paper they give you if you are foolish enough to use this shop. Nothing I can do about it unless I want to litigate, but I want to forwarn as many of my fellow pilots as possible to avoid this shop no matter what price they give you!

The "old" Firewall Forward was a top notch shop--but like Eddie Murphy's movie, "The Distinguished Gentleman", the name isn't necessarily the same business. I have no kick with the New FF, because I have never done business with them. But let me suggest that if you're going to get engine work done in Northern Colorado, consider Aircraft Cylinders & Engines in Greeley. Joe is a wizard with engines; he built mine some 500 hours ago, and I'm still satisfied. The actual build took awhile--I think almost 3 months, as he searched for appropriate parts. But once done, he must have asked me weekly how it was running, and he still does--and that was 8 1/2 years ago! I had some problems early on with the starter that he'd installed, and he pulled it and had a new one installed within a couple days.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

We were about to take our engine to FFW for a premature overhaul because of the crap shop overhaul the we got from Front Range Executive-Bill Heiss. One cylinder developed a crack during the break-in and the second cylinder popped its top last week at 275 SMOH (IO-360-KB)... In the shop 5 times for oil leaks.
    call carl at 3038845884 denver

Fire Wall Foward

Call Carl if you have had a good or bad experience with FFW. 3038845884 denver

Call carl at 3038845884

What was the phone number again??
    Ben Haas
    N801BH
    Jackson Hole Wy
    www.haaspowerair.com

Pre-Airventure 13' update. Engine is doing fine and the second annual inspection is coming up shortly. No oil burn to speak of!!! In fact its so little I'm concerned. I have however had 2 occurrences of the turbo coking and had to cancel 2 flights. No damage and minimal downtime. Can now say that the breakin is complete with a couple 10 hour trips to WI and 16 hours to Ottawa Canada... Flying over Ontario is serious business, Lots of water rocks and trees... and a really long way between airports. Bill is correct that they would never "give" TNFF a booth, they would have to pay a rental/lease fee for the spot. What I'm shocked at is the fact that they wouldn't refuse them after such problems that EAA patrons are having with them. Customer service at EAA has obviously turned a blind eye on this issue in favor of the $$$ for the booth... and I think its costing Airventure more in lost memberships and patrons than what they gain in dealing with one bad apple!!! If you do attend DON"T GIVE THEM YOUR ENGINE! Its a trap.

You guys are missing this BIG TIME.....

I have a FWF engine and it runs fine.

With no complaints about turn time.

With no complanits about cost.

Update. At this years annual we discovered that the fuel pump was pouring fuel down the back of the engine accesory case...and has been for some time. This is why I refused to pay the total bill!!! I did not even call to discuss warranty. This makes the 3rd fuel issue I've witnessed from this shop. A 180 with carb pouring fuel after shutdown, Lancair 4p with silicon in the distribution spider causing shutdown at full power and my fire hazard.