Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kenya needs an EAA Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Hal, here's some info that might help with your follw-up:

Our intrepid flyer's name is Gabriel Nderitu. He may live in Kambirwe Village in Muranga east district.
    The Kenyan TV broadcaster who posted the videos is KTN. Their e-mail may be standardmedia.co.ke
    He tested the plane at Kambirwa airstrip. Hope this helps.

More info:

He is not without some tech background. He is the GM for Fincom Technologies, an IT company in Nairobi. Ph: 254-2027311414; email:info@myfincom.com

Ain't the internet the greatest invention since fire.
    wonder why Gabriel, an IT guy, hasn't bought some plans over the internet? guess he just has a vision and wants to follow it?

I see that at least in one aspect that plane is similar to the new Cessna 162. That is the labor is outsourced and non U S to keep the cost down. I don't know about propellor details, but it looks like there is plenty of "push" power.

Personally, I think that plane is about as likely to fly as for me to win Dancing With The Stars.

I would give him a BIG "T" for trying and a BIG "E" for effort. I think he is doing great for the Spartan tools and materials available to him. We would all be in a similar shape if we were there. I only wish him luck and hope he continues his dream. In the end maybe we can learn something from him.