All:

When I stated, "aircraft is to be parked in the order it arrives in a location designated by FLO during convention," that is the rule that we must abide by. Note that I did not state FLO will not show any flexibility in where it directs aircraft or how it parks them. In other words, I am allowing them to determine, based on the mitigating factors I've already shared, what is appropriate. With that said, make no mistake, this group cannot accommodate all of the special requests or guarantee preferential treatment of anyone. We must follow their lead.

The problems arise when some people take it upon themselves to determine and follow their own rules. When an exception is made, there has been a pattern with others expecting the same treatment, regardless of the situation. The "unofficial guide to AirVenture" begins to form and through various mediums, the word gets out that there are ways to circumvent the directions of FLO. In my review of ground operations, I have found attendees who have disregarded FLO instructions, moved or removed baracades, or in some extremes forcefully taxied to a location of their chosing.

So, we are faced with three choices:
1) Make it a "free for all" on the N40 grounds (not an option)
2) Totally restrict all aircraft movement and placement on the N40 grounds (not a desired option, but possible if left unchecked)
3) Have a set of objectives (revisit the 3 I shared) and rules to deliver. Implement as a pragmatically as possible, allowing for discretion and best judgement given conditions at hand.

The 3rd choice is what EAA is attempting to provide.

John