Bill, aka... well, nevermind.

The puffenpull, huh? You mean that Mr. Pietenpol, the father of the homebuilt airplane doesn't deserve a little more respect than that? Speed is a relative term... compared to all things that fly, all the aircraft that we are discussing here are very slow. I'm personally not in a hurry get anywhere, in fact, my primary purpose is to learn about airplane building, enjoy flying and hopefully teach these skills to my son. Would I like a fast airplane? Sure, at times it would be great, but as a younger guy with a young family, the Pietenpol project suits our purpose just fine. As for it being "not too hard" to build... another relative term, and you assume wrong. While I have not built any other aircraft, I have been exposed to some of the "insert tab A into slot B and squeeze rivet C" type builds, I can assure that a Pietenpol project it is not what you think. Actually, I'm pretty sure that you have no idea what you are talking about whatsoever. There is a ton of work involved in a scratch build project... the research on materials and processes alone happen to be a huge percentage of the building process with a project like this... not to mention that it does not include a detailed step-by-step illustration.

By the way, that is Inspector Callahan to you.

@Ryan... good one! I really like the looks of the Kitfox airplanes. I've not flown one, but a new member of our chapter has a couple and they sure look fun!