Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
That was a recording that is a long standing tradition at Oshkosh, I don't recall the gentleman's name, but it is a recording of his yodeling from many years ago, and is always played over the PA at 7am. Don't like it, don't come to Oshkosh. Same with the helicopters, long standing tradition, like saying don't fly any airplanes because I don't like the noise.
Didn't mean to step on any traditions, annoying or not. But I think there is a common complaint in this thread about the noise. As mentioned a few of the aerobatic routines were nice to watch especially the ones that were graceful energy management and were not spending time hanging on their prop or blasting the crowd with afterburners.

I did enjoy the show as a whole. I spent my mornings at the Pines lingering over coffee and listening to airplane stories. I was close to the flight line so sometimes I watched the morning arrivals and seen Thursday's mass exit. I had the rest of the day to peruse the planes and exhibits. I didn't spend a lot of time at my plane, but when I did, I listened to lots of old guys tell me their story about when they had a chance to fly a Luscombe back in the day or about the one they are rebuilding. That was worth it. I'll probably come again.