Thread: Question: Instruments for Fisher FP202?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice panel, though you seem to have quite a lot of switches! ;-) What is the rectangular item above the throttle and below the battery fault lights? Also, I love the simple red scheme with just the two "speed stripes." Is that Oratex?

Quote Originally Posted by Tralika View Post
    I used UMA 2 1/4 inch non-TSO flight instruments. UMA didn't have the exact Airspeed Indicator speed range I wanted shown in the catalog so I called them. They said they would make whatever I wanted at no extra cost. I ordered through Aircraft Spruce. I'm happy with the smaller instruments but I understand not everyone would be. You can get 2 1/4 inch instruments a little cheaper from Falcon but they are made in China. I spent a couple extra bucks on the USA company and was rewarded with good customer service. If you are comfortable with digital instruments you might check out Belite. They have a whole line of flight instruments as well as engine and fuel monitoring equipment. I agree with DaleB on minimal equipment. As slow as your plane flies you could even forgo the Slip Indicator Ball and use with a Yaw String.
    Last edited by cluttonfred; 02-27-2018 at 06:35 AM.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft