[QUOTE=Mark van Wyk;61992]I don't know the exact rules regarding Class B, particularly in your area, but if Mode C is required where you currently fly, I would think that you would not legally be able to fly without ADS

Like I said, I live under the Class B, not in it.

Please read the regs. 91.225
A transponder and ADSB is not required in the Mode C veil, if,...the aircraft doesn't have an engine driven electrical system.

(e) The requirements of paragraph (b) of this section do not apply to any aircraft that was not originally certificated with an electrical system, or that has not subsequently been certified with such a system installed, including balloons and gliders. These aircraft may conduct operations without ADS–B Out in the airspace specified in paragraphs (d)(2) and (d)(4) of this section. Operations authorized by this section must be conducted—

Most people assume that all aircraft must have Mode C and ADSB. Some of us have antique or classic planes that are not required to have any of that equipment. I don't operate in Class B or C and I will never climb above 10,000' either.