Thread: YE Times they are a changing.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Big Grin YE Times they are a changing.

Because of my aircraft registration lapsing, the need for a biennial flight review, the controversial changes to the YE program and just doing other things, I had not flow a YE in over a year. As I am now legal to fly and approved by EAA, yesterday I flew my first YE for this year. It was his first flight in an aircraft and the first time I experienced these things happening.

I enjoy taking first timers up because of their reaction to seeing the earth from on high. This 13 year old's comment was “It looks just like seeing things on Google Earth”. That’s the first time I had heard that from a YE. Because of his familiarity with viewing things on Google Earth, he seemed to more easily recognize his location and landmarks from above.

He asked if his cell phone would work in the plane. I didn’t think any more about it until we landed and he states that he texted his friends to watch for us to overfly their houses. That’s my first time having a YE texting from the Cub.

Having flown over 400 YE flights, the times are changing and we must address these new realities.
    Last edited by Rick Rademacher; 09-13-2016 at 08:00 AM.