Hi all,

I know the season between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a holiday season, but I'm surprised no one's commented yet on the first display team to be announced for this year's AirVenture, viz. the Snowbirds (and on 2017's team, the Blue Angels). It'll be very nice to see those CT-114's at Oshkosh, although as with the team announced for last year, I'm a bit concerned about the crowdline (but since the crowdline wasn't going to have to be moved for the Breitling Jet Team, I'm hoping the same will be true for the Snowbirds).

At any rate, I'm looking forward to other announcements. And maybe I'll throw in a couple of suggestions:
- the C-97 of the Berlin Airlift Historical Flight is apparently close to its first flight after restoration. If they decide to come to Oshkosh, and 'Doc' or 'Fifi' too, then I hope the EAA will put pressure on NASA to bring their Super Guppy to complete the triumvirate;
- with Boeing's centenary apparently to be celebrated at AirVenture (among others), I hope everyone will think big - symbolically but also literally. Here's hoping Addison Pemberton will return in his Boeing 40, and that one or more of the
Boeing 100/F4B/P12’s being (re-)built in Nevada will be ready too. But the really memorable big-ness would be to have an historical or special representative of each of the Boeing airliners turn up every day. Some of the representatives I'm thinking of: John Travolta's 707 (if it's still flying) or the ultra-rare N404PA; the Zero-G 727; Lockheed Martin's 737 CATbird; either the NASA 747SP or one or better still all of the RR/GE/PW test 747’s (one of which is the oldest airworthy one); Boeing's own 757 Catfish; ... Lastly, too bad we won't be able to enjoy a visit from the Boeing 247 anymore, as I understand Boeing doesn't fly that anymore (weak undercarriage).

I'm sure you can think of (or know of) possible other participants?

Roger