Thread: Zenith CH-601 Check-Lists

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Happy Zenith CH-601 Check-Lists

Hi All. I own a Zenith CH-601 XL-B and am just about ready to do my Sport Pilot check-ride. I've never
    been able to find any decent check-lists that applied to my specific airframe / engine / panel setup, so...

Using a combination of the Zenith CH-601 POH and the Jabiru 3300 Engine Manual, I've put together a set
    of check-lists for my plane, that other people may find useful. Since I'm still very much a newbie at flying,
    theyhave a strong tutorial flavor to them (which I will find useful for some time to come).

The Zenith POH is based on a Continental O-200 engine and seems to assume all "steam" instruments. My
    plane is powered by a Jabiru 3300 engine and it's avionics are: Dynon D-180 EFIS, Garmin 296 GPS, Icom
    A-200 Radio and Garmin 320 Mode-C Transponder. The only "steam" instrument is a backup analog ASI.
    So, specifics such as engine speeds, temperature ranges/limits and startup/shut-down will obviously differ
    from the POH.

I'd appreciate it if some wiser, more experienced folks could take the time to review my check-lists and give
    me some constructive feed-back to improve on them. What have I gotten flat wrong, what did I miss entirely
    and what specific changes would you suggest? Thanks for your help! (Be gentle with me, I cry easily).
    Attached Files Attached Files