Quote Originally Posted by WacoJoe View Post
You need to remember that the Vintage, Warbirds, and IAC magazines come to their members at an additional cost. Those are separate divisions within EAA, with separate dues structures and separate budgets. If you want to get those extra magazines, you pay more.

Which brings to this discussion the question; do EAA members who are specifically interested in homebuilding think the time has come for a separate homebuilders division, with it's own printed magazine? Food for thought!
I think that is in many ways what Experimenter was which is now only an electronic newsletter. I paid for that and Vintage as an additional subscription. I now pay for the additional Vintage magazine. The point I was trying to suggest,without saying it, is that it may be time for tie-ins to Vintage and a reborn Experimeter magazine. My only concern is that there is quite a bit of electronic content being managed by the organization already and that all takes money. The other more key concern for the organization is that Sport Aviation must reflect all divisions enough to act as both an archive of the EAA organization information and fostering the interest for the kind of future members we desire. This might be done with a basic article regarding representing each division in Sport Aviation and more in depth coverage in the individual division publications. This creates a printed archive of this organization as Sport Aviation has for decades and fosters what EAA is about with every issue while maintaing a division structure.