I'm the odd duck in that I use an Android tablet in my plane. I had the tablet before I got the plane and changing to another platform would have been too much of a headache with all of my installed Apps. So, I was thrilled when the flight planning App called Avilution came along. It was full featured, intuitive and the technical support was amazing. Later, the name changed to FlightPro and the new team hosted quite a kickoff party at Sun-N-Fun in 2014. Things were looking good for this efficient, effective and bargain priced App. Unfortunately, when I tried to update my airports database on 2/5/2015 along with my charts and approach plates the system wasn't working. Well, tech support had been there for me before, even on weekends, but this time the line was dead. No email response, no response from help requests from within the App, nothing. A couple of days later I got an email from someone purporting to be the chief counsel for FlightPro, blaming a disagreement between the Avilution support team and the FlightPro sides of the business. That letter promised to have updates up and running again this week. So far nothing has happened and there have been no other updates from the "lawyer" or from the tech support folks. Has anyone on this board been able to get insights into what is going on? Should I stop hoping for this company to get its act together and buy another App? Not having current charts, and more importantly, current approach and departure plates is a REAL problem!