Rare is it that any one pilot has 2 mounts in the hanger to do real world comparisons on any given sequence back to back. Thanks for the post.
I only have about 140 hours in the Citabria and I only have about 15 hours in the Pitts. I did place 2nd in Primary with the Citabria when I had 50 hours in it in Fall 2013. And to be fair, neither was flown in front of a judge in a real box. So I guess it is possible that the flight with the 7ECA that I have nine times more experience with scored better than my new Pitts..... But I doubt it.

With the 7ECA if I could make it through the 1/2 Cuban without busting out low, I could get the loop in. But the second half of the wedge made be bust out low each time. Also, after the Immelmann turn it was impossible to get enough speed to do the roll without diving. Roll speed is listed as 120 and WOT level I am not going to make it much better than 110 and that is giving the plane time to speed up, not trying to speed up and do a roll in 3000M. While I could start the roll slower when the engine died when inverted the roll rate slowed considerably and with all the drag from all the down elevator and all the drag from full aileron deflection and rudder deflection to try and not lose altitude the plane dished out and ended up in a bit of a dive at the end of the roll. In the Pitts, I just keep the throttle full and sped up with plenty of box left to roll the plane.

Again, if the judge was Mr Magoo or a judge that has a soft spot for Citabria's and hates Pitts.... I guess the ECA could have scored better. But I would not hang my hat on that.