Quote Originally Posted by TBailey View Post
Hi, I am considering a moving map GPS and the iFly products seem to be very nice and fit into my budget well. Can you folks offer me some thoughts about it before I make the purchase? I really appreciate it! Thanks
i know nothing about the iFly personally, but a couple of neighbors have them and like them. i use a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 screen with android version 4.something in a Mustang II beneath an untinted canopy in Florida sun and like it. i'm using Avare and it replaces all my paper charts. it has a very very very basic flight planner. for automobile use, GPS Copilot also from google's play store. both are no-subscription-cost offerings. last time i checked Avare was not available for iDevices. If you have an android phone, Avare will work there, too, so you can fly it before $ out of pocket. i'm using a hand-me-down android version 2.something DroidX as my backup device for the galaxy. works exactly the same way, same buttonpushes, just smaller screen. someone else on here recommended the nexus 7 with purchased software. i recommend strongly that if you go android, try the free stuff first and see how you like it.