Thread: Where to park cubs for the 75th anniversary of the cub at AirVenture 2012 ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Goggles Where to park cubs for the 75th anniversary of the cub at AirVenture 2012 ??

In talking yesterday with the powers to be at EAA, they are of the opinion that the vintage Cubs should be parked together in the vintage area. The L-4 cubs would be parked in the war bird area and the experimental cubs in the experimental area and so on. For the 75th anniversary of the cub, maybe things should be done differently.

My thinking is that if all cubs were to be parked together, the public could more easily see the evolution of the cub. How there are subtle differences between some and great between others. A cub is a cub but some have greater capabilities and uses. And, not all cubs are the same color.

So, to separate the cubs on the field might defuse the magnitude of the cubs on the field. A larger impact might be achieved if all cubs are parked in the same area. For the last 24 years, cubs have been scattered all over the field.

As I own a 46 J-3, an L-4 owner might want to be parked in a different area. Where do you want to park your cub at AirVenture for the 75th anniversary of the cub and why?

I am sure that the EAA staff will work with us on this issue.
    Last edited by Rick Rademacher; 08-17-2011 at 08:29 AM.