Hi guys, it's me again with a question for all you acro guys….

I'm interested in aerobatics, and I'm interested for three reasons:

1. Emergency/upset training. My CFI recommends that I take an hour of basic acro to learn recovery from wake turbulence, etc.

2. Learning better aircraft control. This is very important to me, personally.

3. It's looks fun.

So, with that on the table, I'm considering saving up the money and going for the 10-hour aerobatic course that's offered at Red Stewart Airfield (40I). The course is done in a Bellanca 7KCAB Citabria, seems to be based on Rich Stowell's material, and covers this, over the course of 10 lessons:

Lesson 1 Intro: climbing Dutch Rolls, steep turns, slow flight/stalls, falling leaf, L/R upright spins, and loops.

Lesson 2 Review: loop; Intro: Immelman and hammerhead

Lesson 3 Review: loop, hammerhead, Immelman; Intro: Cuban 8

Lesson 4 Review: Immelman, Cuban 8; Intro: slow roll, 2-point slow roll

Lesson 5 Review: slow roll, 2-point slow roll; Intro: 4-point slow roll, inverted flight

Lesson 6 Review: 4-point slow roll, inverted flight; Intro: Climbing slow roll, reverse Cuban 8

Lesson 7 Review: climbing slow roll, reverse Cuban 8; Intro: split "S"

Lesson 8 Revew: reverse Cuban 8, split "S"; Intro: inverted turn, barrel roll, snap roll

Lesson 9 Intro: Aerobatic sequence—loop, hammerhead, Immelman, 1-turn spin, reverse 1/2 Cuban 8, 2 point slow roll

Lesson 10 Aerobatic sequence: remaining in the box, wind compensation

So, can I get some input on that course from you guys? Is it too much? They apparently use Duane Cole's book "Conquests of Lines and Symmetry."

I'm a runner and cyclist, so I have good cardio, and I'm not overweight, so I think I'd handle it ok. But what I'm really after is, is this a good program for learning aircraft control, or is it geared more to airshow/IAC competition? I mean, I'm certainly not adverse to competition aerobatics (I'm an IAC member), but I honestly don't foresee myself being able to make a career out of this, since I would have had to start much earlier (I'm 21).

This hasn't completely coalesced in my own mind yet, so forgive the rambling nature of the post. Aerobatics look like a lot of fun.

Thanks.

—Samuel