Quote Originally Posted by Dick Knapinski View Post
No, not a large part. 12-15 spots. And more than 75 spots are being added to homebuilt parking and camping this year because of demand in those areas.
Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
The flyer that started this thread shows the chalets as being removed from the flightline, more to the west, adjacent to Wittman road. I've just seen a photo of the area taken the other day, showing the concrete going in, and while it's difficult to tell from the picture, it looks to me like they are going to be right on the flightline, not back just east of Wittman road. Can someone please clarify?
The picture in the flyer that Jeff refers to shows a rectangle that clearly does not extend all the way to the flightline. In other words, mere mortals will still be able to walk between the new facilities and the rope as they stroll through the homebuilt area. That is the way it was for last year's "mini-chalet" called the Aviator's Club, and was the main reason it was a fairly innocuous addition.

On the other hand, we all have access to Google Maps and Google Earth which, if you zoom in on KOSH, show a beautiful picture taken in the middle of AirVenture 2011. That same rectangle from the flyer covers an area occupied in the picture by 19 aircraft, not "about 12" and not 12-15 as represented by EAA Staff. If, in fact, the new chalets really go all the way to the rope, that's 15 more.

Now, of course, that rectangle is just an artist's representation and is no doubt approximate. I hope for the best, that we'll still be able to walk in front of the new chalets, and that the real number is 12-15, because I trust that EAA Staff would never stretch the facts, given that we, the membership, have the resources to accurately and critically audit their statements.