Hi, All;

I've basically completed assembly of my O-200 for an experimental aircraft. I've been using dessicant plugs in the lower plug mounts and regular plugs in the upper holes. The engine is still on the assembly stand, but will be mounted on the engine mount right around the time of Oshkosh.

PROBLEM: The dessicant plugs turn pink within a week and a half. Purple after a week, then pink at a week and a half. I then dry out the dessicant and start over.

The carb mounting boss has been plugged, the exhaust ports have been plugged, the generator mounting hole in the accessory case has been plugged.

Am I over-worrying this issue? I'm probably at least 6 months away from first flight. I intend to start it for a few seconds once mounted and connected, just to test out the wiring to the EFIS, etc., before I rivet in place the upper panel cover, etc.

I know the moisture is bad, but I never thought the dessicant plugs would turn color so quickly. I'm in DFW, btw, so it's not like I'm in a coastal area...