Thread: Cessna 150 flap travel

Cessna 150 flap travel

Does anyone have knowledge of the physical differences in the Cessna 40 degree and 30 degree flap actuator assemblies ? The used assembly that I installed in my C150L has only enough travel to put the flaps to 30 degrees before and internal mechanical stop is hit. The mechanical stop is hit before it hits the down limit switch. The exposed jack screw is at 5" when it hits. Would anybody be able to measure their C150L/M or C172 L/M/N or C182P/Q full down flap exposed jack screw and tell me what you measure ????? Thanks
    Last edited by Eric Brown; 06-22-2021 at 10:41 PM.

If you don't get an answer here, you might try this: https://forums.cessnaowner.org/
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

There is a rigging proceedure in the Cessna 150 maintenance manual where by lossening a lock screw, travel can be reset. Sounds like if you have 5 inches of exposed screw after contacting mechanical stop,when full down, you may be able to get 40 deg. out of it. I would get a local mechanic to verify before you get out of rig by trying to do this.

Well ..... I finally was able to talk to Cessna tech support. He could not give me an answer to exposure length of the jack screw. The only thing he could confirm is that Cessna installed a different p/n flap actuator (same p/n) on the C152 and the C172 starting with the C172P. Both airplanes had 30 degree flaps. I've ordered a used actuator and will know what's, what in a few days.

The used actuator works properly. There is no p/n on the units to ID these things. You have to measure the jackscrew or the microswitch bar.