Thread: Current Info on Ul/LSA grass strip, Knapp Rd., and Camping by Plane There

Current Info on Ul/LSA grass strip, Knapp Rd., and Camping by Plane There

Hi all.

I see some info from 2019 and last year, but not current.

Can someone please relay current info on what is happening with the UL/LSA grass strip—moving W of Knapp Rd.?—landing and camping by plane info?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by eaajen View Post
    Hi all.

I see some info from 2019 and last year, but not current.

Can someone please relay current info on what is happening with the UL/LSA grass strip—moving W of Knapp Rd.?—landing and camping by plane info?

Thank you
    Since nobody smarter than me has answered this.....Flying Ron did give me a reply about the "urban myth" shared with me by my Vintage volunteer spies, that EAA was making plans to do as you suggest and that it was NOT a myth. However, I would doubt you will see anything to that affect this year. I also assume that they need more GA parking and that they can do better with a relocated UL field. I am guessing as to reasons, of course.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Just drove past the UL/LSA area and the strip is unchanged. Lots of activity on the grounds…. Porta-potties popping up everywhere, picnic tables out for the taking in a camp Scholler, fields being mowed. It’s really gonna happen!!!
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun