Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shuttle- First from A/V to UWO

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    I'll be at OSH the weekend of the 17th. I get to OSH a week early to help Jeff get Sleepy Hollow Campground ready. Give me a if you need to, I can pick you up and take you where ever you need to go. (405) 417-6077.
    Thank you for the kind offer! I'll definitely keep your number handy.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by TX7A View Post
    Steve, you've given me something to think about regarding volunteering. I'm not really prepared to take that on this year, but I could see that as something I could "get into" in the future, now that I'm retired.
    I started volunteering with my second year in Jumped in the deep end on trams. More recently been volunteering on the flight line (the reporting location for that is a LOT closer to where I lay my head for the night! )

Margy and I started volunteering the year we got married. That makes this the 24th year of us volunteering. We were vintage volunteers of the year, a few years back.

If you want to volunteer in the Vintage flight line, we hold training lectures at 9AM and 1PM each day. Come work when and how much you like.
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 06-09-2021 at 11:02 AM.

I also arrive on the Saturday before. Years ago I would sometimes get an offer of a ride from a local person who happens to notice I was trying to figure out how to get where I needed to go. Not so much in later years. So, I started using Uber. It works. I suggest you get the app setup before hand in case you need it.

I am concerned about how the shuttle will work this year. There still seems to be a lot of concern about COVID spread during the convention. The way the buses have run in the past (beyond full), you would not be able to do much of anything to reduce the spread of COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by PJZajkowski View Post
    I am concerned about how the shuttle will work this year. There still seems to be a lot of concern about COVID spread during the convention. The way the buses have run in the past (beyond full), you would not be able to do much of anything to reduce the spread of COVID.
    Other than accepting one of the three vaccines, of course. There's time for any of them to be fully effective by AirVenture.

They're not perfect...nothing is. Here in my part of Washington State, about 3% of new Covid cases involve people who received one of the vaccinations. But that means that 97% of the infections are among the non-vaccinated. When you consider that 70% of the population here is vaccinated, that means 30% of the population are getting 97% of the infections.

Ideally, people will still comply with social distancing and masking requirements, where requested. But if you look at most of the large-crowd events over the past several months, people have basically thrown those out the window. I'd expect that AV will not be much different.

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 06-13-2021 at 07:14 PM.

I just arrived in Wisconsin last night. Spent time in some of the big box stores getting supplies for our place and I would guess that maybe 10% of the shopping public are still wearing masks and social distancing is pretty much out the window. Now I’m in a much small town about 35 miles NW of Oshkosh so things may be different in the larger locales but I don’t think so. FYI… summer is in full swing and if July is anything like June AirVenture it’s gonna be toasty.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun