Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tram use

I've worked with many contractors over the course of my engineering career. For too many, their motto was, "Out the door before my s**t hits the floor." In other words, they are long gone and don't have to clean up the mess.

I was reviewing the grounds map today, and I have a hunch that they will be routing all foot traffic, to and from the bus park, to the main gate. The pedestrian entrance via the gate due east of the bus park may be limited if not restricted. Again, that is just my hunch with nothing official behind it. I only say this because all the shuttle busses from the new Gray lot will be dropping off and picking up at the bus park.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    If the EAA folks would actually consult the chairmen / women running the various sections during Airventure, they would have a better idea on how to improve things. Talk to the people actually doing the work instead of relying on a bunch of disinterested college kids looking for credit for an assignment they could care less about.
    I knew I forgot something. Well said!! I've heard the same sentiment from more than one division staff member. The ghost of Rod Hightower still walks the halls in some areas

for Randy's meme. Hope to be able to find a seat on one of your trams, Randy.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    If the EAA folks would actually consult the chairmen / women running the various sections during Airventure, they would have a better idea on how to improve things. Talk to the people actually doing the work instead of relying on a bunch of disinterested college kids looking for credit for an assignment they could care less about.
    *Sigh* I have contracted for studies done by undergraduates (graduate students aren't much better). By the time the work was "complete" I felt like I should have charged the school for teaching fees. "Have you thought about...?", "Did you talk to...?", "Explain to me where you got this data...", "No, Wikipedia is not an acceptable source." That said, some "professional" research institutes aren't much better.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Wonder whose idea it was to encourage chapters to do massive land grab at Scholler. Also, from the way they were doing that, I think rules need to go back to the 20 x 30 camping area dimensions. There is going to be a lot of roped off and unused space from what I saw Friday and Saturday. IMHO

Hey Skyfixer, Well I was there on Wednesday and I know that the space reserved for the chapters was done by the Chapter Office. Chapters are granted the “privilege” of requesting camping space in advance The designated areas you saw are getting parceled out to the various requesting chapters this week. Each chapter represents multiple campsites. I think it’s a fair process. Not all chapters live within immediate driving distance like the land grab types that can show up at 0200 opening day.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Okay, Ill say it.

EAA hates HATES H A T E S SOS Brothers. Remember the lawsuit a few years ago? Let's make 'em walk another mile for that beer.
    EAA is going to funnel EVERY SINGLE person through the givemeyourmoney gate. No more hopping a tram at the bus park and slinking into the turn around. Now we are all paying.

Excuse me while I go reread Ron Wanttaj's rules of the internet. Obviously, I need to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ssteve1 View Post
    Okay, Ill say it.

EAA hates HATES H A T E S SOS Brothers. Remember the lawsuit a few years ago? Let's make 'em walk another mile for that beer.
    EAA is going to funnel EVERY SINGLE person through the givemeyourmoney gate. No more hopping a tram at the bus park and slinking into the turn around. Now we are all paying.

Excuse me while I go reread Ron Wanttaj's rules of the internet. Obviously, I need to do so.
    So you have been fraudulently entering AirVenture for how long?

Quote Originally Posted by krw920 View Post
    So you have been fraudulently entering AirVenture for how long?
    Never mind. Forum moderators get the last word.
    Last edited by ssteve1; 07-09-2021 at 01:20 PM.