Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: Tram use

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,193
    Biden's federal mask mandate was only federal workers or federal property, as far as I know. There is no mask mandate but a mask can't hurt on the trams.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Biden's federal mask mandate was only federal workers or federal property, as far as I know. There is no mask mandate but a mask can't hurt on the trams.
    I've heard some believe the mask is nothing more than a petri dish. Okay, wash your mask, buy a new one, whatever. Most states have made it optional to wear a mask in most places. But, Bill is right, "a mask can't hurt." They don't weigh much. They aren't heavy. Just wear one. For myself. I think I'm just a little bit happier knowing people can only see a small part of my face. And, I'm positive other people are way way happier by not seeing all of my face.
    Wear a mask.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Biden's federal mask mandate was only federal workers or federal property, as far as I know. There is no mask mandate but a mask can't hurt on the trams.

    Unfortunately it doesn't apply to just those, it also includes most forms of public transportation.

    https://www.transit.dot.gov/TransitMaskUp

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by troy_m View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't apply to just those, it also includes most forms of public transportation.

    https://www.transit.dot.gov/TransitMaskUp
    Then it applies to trams. Extended to September 13 2021.
    https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/M...01-29-21-p.pdf

  5. #15
    robert l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Heath Springs, S.C.
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Then it applies to trams. Extended to September 13 2021.
    https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/M...01-29-21-p.pdf
    So Trams are concidered public transportation ?

  6. #16
    robert l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Heath Springs, S.C.
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by ssteve1 View Post
    I've heard some believe the mask is nothing more than a petri dish. Okay, wash your mask, buy a new one, whatever. Most states have made it optional to wear a mask in most places. But, Bill is right, "a mask can't hurt." They don't weigh much. They aren't heavy. Just wear one. For myself. I think I'm just a little bit happier knowing people can only see a small part of my face. And, I'm positive other people are way way happier by not seeing all of my face.
    Wear a mask.
    I've always been led to believe that we build immunity by being exposed .
    Bob

  7. #17
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,734
    Looking up "Public Transportation", I find this definition: "Buses, trains, subways, and other forms of transportation that charge set fares, run on fixed routes, and are available to the public...." By that definition, trams would not be considered public transportation (e.g., no fares). Buses to and from the dorms might be.

    In fact, EAA could probably argue that the trams were not public transportation in that they are not, in fact, available to the general public but only to the addendees of the event.

    [EDIT: Bill Berson pointed out I was in error. The rule covers "conveyances," which should apply to the trams.]

    Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 05-23-2021 at 02:26 PM.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,193
    The order doesn't say public.
    It says any conveyance operator.

  9. #19
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I've always been led to believe that we build immunity by being exposed .
    I believe you build immunity by being infected,not merely exposed. That's how vaccines generally work...the stuck-ee is given a low-grade version of the disease, and the infection triggers the natural responses of the body to generate the appropriate antibodies. That way, if later exposed to a significant amount of the virus, the body is already ready for it. That's why folks get a reaction to the shot itself, it's causing the body's resources to fight back against a relatively denatured opponent. That's what takes the time and care to develop a vaccine; coming up with a dose that provides the patient with protection without giving him or her a dangerous case of the disease itself.

    This ain't new.

    Smallpox used to kill thousands of people, but if you survived the infection, you never got it again. In the late 1700s, Edward Jenner discovered that people who caught cowpox (a relatively mild, easily survivable disease) also developed an immunity to smallpox. So he deliberately infected folks with cowpox. Not so lucky with most diseases, so the scientists have to spend a lot effort developing a relatively safe version of the disease itself.

    Ron Wanttaja

  10. #20
    rwanttaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    The order doesn't say public.
    It says any conveyance operator.

    Yes, you're right.

    Ron Wanttaja

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •