Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tram use

Biden's federal mask mandate was only federal workers or federal property, as far as I know. There is no mask mandate but a mask can't hurt on the trams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Biden's federal mask mandate was only federal workers or federal property, as far as I know. There is no mask mandate but a mask can't hurt on the trams.
    I've heard some believe the mask is nothing more than a petri dish. Okay, wash your mask, buy a new one, whatever. Most states have made it optional to wear a mask in most places. But, Bill is right, "a mask can't hurt." They don't weigh much. They aren't heavy. Just wear one. For myself. I think I'm just a little bit happier knowing people can only see a small part of my face. And, I'm positive other people are way way happier by not seeing all of my face.
    Wear a mask.

Unfortunately it doesn't apply to just those, it also includes most forms of public transportation.

https://www.transit.dot.gov/TransitMaskUp

Quote Originally Posted by troy_m View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't apply to just those, it also includes most forms of public transportation.

https://www.transit.dot.gov/TransitMaskUp
    Then it applies to trams. Extended to September 13 2021.
    https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/M...01-29-21-p.pdf

Then it applies to trams. Extended to September 13 2021.
    https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/M...01-29-21-p.pdf
    So Trams are concidered public transportation ?

Quote Originally Posted by ssteve1 View Post
    I've heard some believe the mask is nothing more than a petri dish. Okay, wash your mask, buy a new one, whatever. Most states have made it optional to wear a mask in most places. But, Bill is right, "a mask can't hurt." They don't weigh much. They aren't heavy. Just wear one. For myself. I think I'm just a little bit happier knowing people can only see a small part of my face. And, I'm positive other people are way way happier by not seeing all of my face.
    Wear a mask.
    I've always been led to believe that we build immunity by being exposed .
    Bob

Looking up "Public Transportation", I find this definition: "Buses, trains, subways, and other forms of transportation that charge set fares, run on fixed routes, and are available to the public...." By that definition, trams would not be considered public transportation (e.g., no fares). Buses to and from the dorms might be.

In fact, EAA could probably argue that the trams were not public transportation in that they are not, in fact, available to the general public but only to the addendees of the event.

[EDIT: Bill Berson pointed out I was in error. The rule covers "conveyances," which should apply to the trams.]

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 05-23-2021 at 02:26 PM.

The order doesn't say public.
    It says any conveyance operator.

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I've always been led to believe that we build immunity by being exposed .
    I believe you build immunity by being infected,not merely exposed. That's how vaccines generally work...the stuck-ee is given a low-grade version of the disease, and the infection triggers the natural responses of the body to generate the appropriate antibodies. That way, if later exposed to a significant amount of the virus, the body is already ready for it. That's why folks get a reaction to the shot itself, it's causing the body's resources to fight back against a relatively denatured opponent. That's what takes the time and care to develop a vaccine; coming up with a dose that provides the patient with protection without giving him or her a dangerous case of the disease itself.

This ain't new.

Smallpox used to kill thousands of people, but if you survived the infection, you never got it again. In the late 1700s, Edward Jenner discovered that people who caught cowpox (a relatively mild, easily survivable disease) also developed an immunity to smallpox. So he deliberately infected folks with cowpox. Not so lucky with most diseases, so the scientists have to spend a lot effort developing a relatively safe version of the disease itself.

Ron Wanttaja

The order doesn't say public.
    It says any conveyance operator.

Yes, you're right.

Ron Wanttaja