Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tram use

As a driver / conductor, looking from someone from staff to answer, when at the Tower turn point, and people like seniors, disabled, families with tired kids are looking to get to bus park to get to museum or parking, what are we supposed to tell them ? Start walking or is there going to be some way for them to get there ? Doing away with green route is going to cause problems unless EAA has it figured out and not telling anyone,

As far as I know EAA has opted out of providing any transport for anyone To/From the Bus Park area. A HUGE mistake in my honest and experienced opinion. I am bracing for some sincerely "unhappy" commentary from the AirVenture guests on this and perhaps one or two more of the changes to the Trams I'll be conducting next month. IMHO the 'New Blue' route is going to create more challenges than problems it is meant to solve.

But like you I'm just along for the volunteering ride and nobody has asked for MY input. They asked the young geniuses from Northwestern.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

the same geniuses that came up with "Just in time ordering" for manufactures--thats work out great for truck plants

Has anybody actually read the Northwestern study? Did they specifically recommend eliminating the Green route? If so, did they state a reason? Perhaps I missed the discussion in an earlier thread.

My bet is it was the security people who nixed the Green route. Somebody jumped the queue, bypassing the Security Theatre bag check at the bus park. Or there were so many complaints about same that they decided to show them (us) who’s boss.

There always remains the unlikely "possibility" that if enough guests complain the Green route 'could' be quite easiliy reinstated. We have trams, we have volunteers, and I doubt they threw away the green pennants?
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I understand that one of the changes made to reroute traffic was because the city was always on EAA’s case about the traffic snafu at Exit 116 & Hwy 44. Frontage road is going to become one big parking lot as folks que up to park. No one in the study seemed to recognize that paying for parking was the bottleneck. Perhaps EAA should have prepaid vs cash parking areas???
    I think time is gonna tell whether bussing people from the bus park to the outer parking lots will be successful or popular. Personally I’m unhappy as I liked to be able to access my vehicle during the day so I always arrived early enough to make it into the former blue lot. Not gonna happen this year.
    I don’t see EAA reinstating the Green route on the fly. I don’t think it’s in their DNA or operational mindset. Besides if they did it would mean the whole NWU study was flawed??? Just sayin.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

I am still waiting for someone from staff to answer about the green route.

I don't think the trams much entered into the Hwy 44 backup disasters. Mostly that was because of swampy areas and the inability to park people (mostly campers) in a timely fashion at peak arrival times. By the time the Green Tram would be in full swing, most people were set.

Not planning on attending, but it would be fun to see someone trying to enforce any sort of social distancing/ mask wearing protocol on the average Oshkosh attendee. Does anyone know if open carry will be allowed? asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by L-188 View Post
    Not planning on attending, but it would be fun to see someone trying to enforce any sort of social distancing/ mask wearing protocol on the average Oshkosh attendee.
    Masks/Social Distancing not required if vaccinated. If not vaccinated, they are recommended, not required.

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/eaa-a...-covid-updates

About the same policies as S-n-F. I've heard mask/distancing was spotty there, and there doesn't appear to have been a post-show breakout.

Quote Originally Posted by L-188 View Post
    Does anyone know if open carry will be allowed? asking for a friend.
    Firearms, open or concealed carry, are prohibited.

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/about...ohibited-items

Ron Wanttaja