Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tram use

Tram use

Any staff on here know how the trams will be riding people ? I have asked Tram chair, bur sketchy info so far. As a driver, just curious how the hoards are going to react .

I have been fast walking 1.5 miles daily to get in shape to avoid the trams. I don't know how fast the trams are (anyone know?), but I think I can walk faster considering wait time. Especially if the trams go by full.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 05-22-2021 at 06:01 PM.

I’m with you, I started walking about 2 months ago. I’m more into distance than speed. Up to 3,5, or 7 miles depending upon the time of day, weather, and generally how I feel. Really trying to catch the afternoon heat to get acclimatized. I hate just standing in line for a ride so I guess I’ll be skipping the trams and the shuttle bus back to parking.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

If the "Z's" don't know for sure yet? Someone in EAA ArVenture upper management will need to respond. I 'suspect' that no final decisions have been made as we all wait & see how many more Americans wise up and get vaccinated bringing the infection rates down enough to ease all the restrictions.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

I think asking someone if they have had the Covid vaccine is a HIPAA Violation.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I think asking someone if they have had the Covid vaccine is a HIPAA Violation.
    Bob
    No. HIPAA covers health care providers and insurance companies only.

Basically, HIPAA’s laws govern how certain entities handle patients’ private healthcare information.

What entities fall under HIPAA’s privacy rules? According to the Department for Health and Human Services (HHS), they are:

- Health care providers (including doctors, clinics, psychologists, dentists, chiropractors, nursing homes, or pharmacies)
    - Health plans (including health insurance companies, HMOs, company health plans, and government programs that pay for healthcare, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and the military and veterans health care programs)
    - Healthcare clearinghouses (including entities that process nonstandard health information they receive from another entity into a standard (i.e., standard electronic format or data content), or vice versa.)

Private businesses like restaurants or grocery stores are not subject to HIPAA’s rules, so they can ask customers entering about their vaccination status.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bu...nated-covid19/

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    No. HIPAA covers health care providers and insurance companies only.

Basically, HIPAA’s laws govern how certain entities handle patients’ private healthcare information.

What entities fall under HIPAA’s privacy rules? According to the Department for Health and Human Services (HHS), they are:

- Health care providers (including doctors, clinics, psychologists, dentists, chiropractors, nursing homes, or pharmacies)
    - Health plans (including health insurance companies, HMOs, company health plans, and government programs that pay for healthcare, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and the military and veterans health care programs)
    - Healthcare clearinghouses (including entities that process nonstandard health information they receive from another entity into a standard (i.e., standard electronic format or data content), or vice versa.)

Private businesses like restaurants or grocery stores are not subject to HIPAA’s rules, so they can ask customers entering about their vaccination status.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bu...nated-covid19/

Ron Wanttaja
    Well color me, "NOT Vaccinated" !
    Bob

I got the vaccine so I am not concerned about covid. But I remain concerned about catching a common cold or flu because of close interaction. I caught a common cold on the airline to Airventure 2019 and it wasn't much fun. Then apparently caught a different cold on the airline heading home. So two weeks sick.
    I didn't catch a cold all of 2020 and don't know anyone that did so there seems some benefit to wearing a mask to prevent colds.
    I tried to cover my face on the return flight in 2019 but didn't have a "face covering". Never even heard of such a thing. It wasn't the custom for anyone to wear a mask with a cold then. But I hope it becomes a custom when traveling with a cold to wear a mask. Might be a custom in Asia.

Yep, one thing can be said about the increased hygeine (masks, handwashing, distancing) efforts is that a lot of other than covid stuff went down (seasonal flu, colds, ...). My daughter notes fewer illnesses brought home by her kids from school (serious precautions in place at this private school because the state threatens closing if there is an outbreak there).

Not sure about the trams, but I know the shuttles that run from the UWO dorms will be limited to the seating capacity of the bus. No standing, everyone will need to be seated. And unless the federal mask mandate is ended before then, masks will be required.