Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tram use

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    my comment about open carry was meant as satire/sarcasm, in retrospect, I apologize if any were offended.

I got it L-188, your sarcasm wasn't wasted, I seldom do open carry, I don't want people to know I'm packin heat ! And I respect all signage that prohibits C C.
    Bob
    Thanks for the comeback. In these trying times, I suspect even Oshkosh won't be immune to pushing and shoving, shouting matches, etc. hence my decision not to attend. I've been attending off and on since the 70's been a volunteer, and I even have a 5 digit member number. But everything and everywhere is political these days and Oshkosh won't be any different. It was always a place that I felt everyone was welcome, If you loved airplanes, you were part of the gang. We were all cool kids so to speak. But things have changed. That's all I'll say. the mods don't have to get involved, I suspect comments will be mostly of the good riddance variety and I get it. Still love airplanes, I'll worship from afar. Here's hoping for a safe and hopefully dry and cool convention.

Many good comments here from experienced Tram volunteers . Sounds like I better get my 73 year old in shape for all the walking . Every year the tams seem to get worse .

L-188
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by L-188 View Post
    Not planning on attending, but it would be fun to see someone trying to enforce any sort of social distancing/ mask wearing protocol on the average Oshkosh attendee. Does anyone know if open carry will be allowed? asking for a friend.

... my comment about open carry was meant as satire/sarcasm, in retrospect, I apologize if any were offended.
    I thought that your comment was good satire; no apology required here.

BJC

Name:  a joke.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  96.6 KB
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

In reality the whole tram system needs to be rethought. When I first attended we used terms like Oshkosh and Convention. The tram system as I recall was for the mobility challenged to see the planes but it was a much smaller event in those days. Somewhere it morphed into a transportation system. EAA is trying to eliminate congestion points on and around the site. Unfortunately improvements usually translate into cash and without an AV2020 the revenue stream was interrupted. Someone needs to make an adult decision as what is the purpose of the trams. If it’s to move people then they need to determine if the trams are the best solution vs ??? Whatever the decision they need to commit money and resources to make it happen. 2021 is a gonna be a make the best of what we’ve got year.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

For the 1 week event that ArVenture is, I don't see EAA investing massive resources into the trams, though I DO think they are a quick & easy way to transport folks, especially those with limited mobility, over short distances vs say the school buses which are painfully slow to load/unload as well as being large, long cumbersome vehicles running on many of the crowded narrow streets at the site.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 06-29-2021 at 10:34 AM.

If the EAA folks would actually consult the chairmen / women running the various sections during Airventure, they would have a better idea on how to improve things. Talk to the people actually doing the work instead of relying on a bunch of disinterested college kids looking for credit for an assignment they could care less about.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    If the EAA folks would actually consult the chairmen / women running the various sections during Airventure, they would have a better idea on how to improve things. Talk to the people actually doing the work instead of relying on a bunch of disinterested college kids looking for credit for an assignment they could care less about.
    +100!