Thread: RV options for Airventure

RV options for Airventure

My mom and brother are talking about taking her RV to Airventure this year. Trying to suss out the options for them and could use some help since EAA doesn't specifically talk about RVs.

Option 1: Reserve an improved spot in Camp Scholler. "Improved" spots with electricity and water are for RVs, yes? You pay from the day you reserve, and they sell out a couple of weeks before Airventure starts?

Option 2: Get a regular camping spot without electricity and water. Likely won't sell out.

Option 3: Stay at an offsite RV park, like Sleepy Hollow.

Do I have all this right? If they reserve a spot on Scholler, do they get to actually pick the spot when they make a reservation? Or are the spots themselves first come, first served?

Scholler is probably your best, and quite possibly only option, at this point. Sleepy Hollow has a waiting list but you never know— I’d contact them now to be sure. The other close by, off airport campgrounds might be similar so don’t wait to contact them. A lot of places fill up with reservations a year in advance.

PS— I can’t speak to your specific questions about Scholler as I’ve only car camped there and the last time I did that was 10 years ago before the current reservation system.
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 04-26-2021 at 05:37 PM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Someone turned me on to this site, extreme tix, it's where you can book your improved site and they show diagrams of the sites available. I have never stayed on an improved site and the last time I checked this site was in 2018 so all I am saying is, check it out. Sorry I'm not more help but I just finished a big margarita.
    Bob
    One other option is to stay in the 24 hr generator area.

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Someone turned me on to this site, extreme tix, it's where you can book your improved site and they show diagrams of the sites available. I have never stayed on an improved site and the last time I checked this site was in 2018 so all I am saying is, check it out. Sorry I'm not more help but I just finished a big margarita.
    Bob
    One other option is to stay in the 24 hr generator area.
    extremetix is the official ticket sales website for EAA/Airventure. If you click on "buy tickets" on the EAA website it will take you there.