Thread: Newbie Parking Question

Newbie Parking Question

I am planning on flying in on Wednesday and parking until most likely Sunday. I will be camping indoors at the YMCA.

This means I believe that I will be showing the GAP sign when I land.

Potential silly question: Do the volunteers lead you all the way to a parking spot regardless of how far away that is? Do you go straight in, or do you typically end up shutting down and tow bar back into a spot.

Thanks.

They will take you all the way to your spot. Follow the scooter...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Quote Originally Posted by jeffInBoston View Post
    Do you go straight in, or do you typically end up shutting down and tow bar back into a spot.
    The goal is usually to get you straight in, but sometimes it's necessary to shut down and push into the spot.

To maximize the number of aircraft accommodated in the Aircraft Parking Area, parking crews "tail" aircraft whenever possible. About half of the aircraft are directed straight-in and the other half are tailed. Experienced parking crews are there to assist with moving your plane into position. Be sure to listen carefully to the arrival ATIS (125.9) to make sure that the General Aviation Parking area is open. It occasionally closes due to aircraft saturation, but rarely for more than a day. Have an alternate airport selected just in case. Have a great trip!