Thread: Video: GoPro Max 360 Flight - Camera Mounting - Video Editing in Post

Video: GoPro Max 360 Flight - Camera Mounting - Video Editing in Post

In this video, we mounted 2 GoPro Max 360 Cameras on our Cessna (the Sky Chicken) to try out our new 360 cameras. Plus a short demo on how to edit the 360 footage using the GoPro Player video editing software.

Here's the free GoPro Player software:
    https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Go...er/ta-p/413305
    Last edited by FunInAviation; 05-26-2021 at 06:09 AM.

I don't mean to be critical -- you are of course free to accept sponsorships that make you money -- but since this is basically just a 12-minute advertisement for GoPro, shouldn't it be in the Marketplace section of the forum, clearly labeled as advertising?

Putting this in the Hangar Talk section is a perfect example of why so many people abhor "sponsored content." It poses as organically created entertainment when in fact its purpose is to generate sales for the sponsor and both kickbacks and future sponsorships for the creator.

Not to mention the way this co-opts the forum -- provided by EAA for its members to discuss aviation topics -- to direct traffic to a YouTube channel that is obviously a commercial enterprise.

Sorry if this offends, but the pervasiveness of sponsored content, product placements and advertising in general in recent years has become really egregious.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

I know it's a bit single-vendor but I did find this intro quite interesting -- I wasn't aware that 360-degree cameras had gotten this good, and this kind of stabilize/zoom/pan/export workflow is a dream come true for me as someone who is attracted to the idea of flying small planes in large part for the chance to look out the window and share the Earth's beauty with the folks back on the ground.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post
    I don't mean to be critical -- you are of course free to accept sponsorships that make you money.
    I am NOT sponsored by GoPro. Just trying to share what I have learned about making 360 videos.

Eric, you should keep in mind that GoPro is so pervasive in aviation video that, currently, there is no real competition, and people can get rather excited about certain kinds of products that do something new and exciting without necessarily being sponsored by the product vendor/manufacturer. He may have a commercial Utube channel, but this video is so very informative to those of us who are into video (and it's not pushy about products -- even the software is free, and looks simple to use) that it's welcome to many of us.

but since this is basically just a 12-minute advertisement for GoPro
    He says GoPro doesn't sponsor him (nor do I see it as a commercial), and he's willing to share a review of and technique for use of these (fairly new) 360º cameras that, for me, make this video quite welcome.

Now whether this should be in hangar talk or a separate video section I won't address, but I want to thank Smitty for sharing this info -- it even has potential in places other than aviation for avid videographers.

Larry N.