Thread: Cessna 150 flight control balance

Cessna 150 flight control balance

Where can I find proper flight control balance procedure for a Cessna 150 ? It's not in the M/M or structure repair manual or any where else that I have looked .

Most all of Cessna’s aircraft service manuals contain information on balancing the controls of that airplanes’ flight controls. Some of the older planes don’t, so Cessna generated Service News Letter 86-44 (SNL86-44) with detailed information for those planes.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by skyranger View Post
    Where can I find proper flight control balance procedure for a Cessna 150 ? It's not in the M/M or structure repair manual or any where else that I have looked .
    which model? For the later models with specific service manual it's in section 18. For others, may have to use the 100 series manual or other reference documents. The balance range is fairly wide so unless there's something drastically wrong, not likely to be out of whack.

Has anybody made this fixture for the procedure . Pretty sure I could make it >

The control surface balance requirements are in figure 18-3 of the C-150 service manual. This is the SRM section for 1969 thru 1976 models.