Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I didn't want to repeat an experience so I looked further.

I didn't want to repeat an experience so I looked further.

I had met a Howard DGA like "Mr. Mulligan" my last year in college. I learned Boeing airliners used Menasco landing gear as did the DC-9 which I was proposing to the USAF as the C-9A so of course when I got good enough at digital models I had to have "Ike" but even with a downloaded "Vega," I got the exhaust ports on the wrong side at first.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I thought my memory needed to be tested. This was a the sketch I made of an experience in a clearing in Dexter, Michigan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsegment View Post
    I thought my memory needed to be tested. This was a the sketch I made of an experience in a clearing in Dexter, Michigan.
    "The morning dawned bright and clear and across the meadow you could hear the sounds of aero engines."
    "Albert Speer was a blabbermouth." on deception ECM "Never go where you said you were never gonna go." Words to defeat prompts by those who are tapping your phone. As the kid my wife hired as a housekeeper said, "You're old and useless and should be put out on an ice flow like the eskimos do." Take inspiration from my brother-in-law who became a Marine to be big in the bars in Bellflower when he got out. After making Corporal and being put in charge of the brig, when he got out he came to me, and said "You should be subject to ordeal."

Does anybody have any idea at all what these posts are about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Does anybody have any idea at all what these posts are about?
    I have no clue. Perhaps the ramblings of a wise man, a genius or an insane person. But he likes airplanes and is planning to attend AirVenture this year, that's good enough for me.
    Bob

My personal cure for the situation? Not that anyone asked - lol

"This message is hidden because 2ndsegment is on your ignore list."
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Or as someone at Douglas said after all the important designers had left. He is like a Trappist monk he just says anything that comes into his head. Things below the tonsorial are below mention. My own world is full of images way beyond the field of view and still in the field of regard so I am not limited by black and white photos and movies from WW-II.

I can picture "an SA-2 is like a telephone pole coming at you" and even once made a graphic on my TI-82 that might have led to a car in the dark making a left turn on a blinking red light after two cars on his road passed in the intersection headed North and South while I was crossing headed south in the crosswalk with a green walk signal. Alas, my situation awareness exceeded my judgement and I could no longer jump over his car. I landed on the hood, and rolled off beyond onto my forehead. I waited off the side to see if came back, but he drove off. Careful, don't stand next to me.

I just read that IAF Chief of Staff General Benny Peled was rescued by a Piper Cub after he was shot down in the Yom Kippur War of 1973 so I see much coolness in EAA size stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post

Thanks for reminding me, he was getting a little annoying......
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post

No one is on my ignore list, didn't even know there was one. Usually, if something is more than a couple of, short, paragraphs, I just skip it.
    Bob

I saw today that the first DWC off to circumnavigate the earth on April 6 was "Chicago." Sorry you missed it.