Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Chad?

No more Chad?

Chad Jensen has done a great job getting homebuilders front-and-center again at EAA. And a big deal was made of it a year or so ago when he was elevated to a senior management position. He's been very active at getting homebuilder concerns aired and also providing good tips, getting the Experimenter back going again etc.

So it's a real shock to find out that EAA fired Chad on Friday.

I wish him the best; he's a good man.

Any intel as to why this occurred?

Was it an individual action, or part of another round of layoffs?

Ron Wanttaja

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Guys, I can't, and, more importantly, won't say much, but any action along these lines would be strictly a personnel decision, and has absolutely no reflection on Chad's performance in his multiple areas of responsibility. In addition, this in absolutely no way indicates any change in direction on the part of EAA with respect to what I hope all of you are seeing as our renewed "balance" in terms of focus on homebuilding, the relaunch of Experimenter, our reinforced commitment to SportAir workshops, etc.

On a personal note, Chad is a great friend, and a highly competent and respected colleague, and none of us wish him anything but the best regardless of his future direction.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

This is a big loss to EAA!
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Sorry, more evidence of complete chaos in Oshkosh. As a member, here is one persons statement to senior management at EAA - get your freaking heads together and figure out who you are, what you are doing, and what you want to be when you grow up.

I deleted the rest of a very long rant. This week has been a reminder to me of how lost my favorite aviation organization has become.
    Robbie Culver
    Sonex #1517
    Taildragger
    AeroVee
    Currently working on the wings
    Chicagoland

Hal, please give Chad my best and tell him to phone me if he needs anything. Eaa has the phone or it is in informaition.

I rarely have occasion to phone EAA directly, but I needed to just last week. The person that they referred me to was Chad. He was exceptionaly helpful, polite, and friendly. He took care of what I needed and even sent me an email in order to make it easier for me.That was Thursday the 14th.

AFTER THAT CONVERSATION I HAD A GOOD FEELING TOWARD EAA; IT REALLY DID FEEL THAT I WAS PART OF THE GROUP AND NOT JUST US MEMBERS VS THOSE IN THE ADMINISTRATION. Just 2 hours ago I was sitting at the joiners table at breakfast and met a couple who summer in Wisconsin and I was telling them about EAA and that they should visit.
    CHAD SEEMED EXACTLY THE TYPE OF PERSON WE NEEDED.

And Hal, if you can't tell us why, can you at least tell us who was the one who fired him?

SO NOW HE IS GONE, AND WE DON'T KNOW WHY, ONLY THAT HE WAS FIRED.

I AM REALLY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS, AND ONCE MORE HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE NEW EAA.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but right now it feels like P R wise that EAA is about one notch above Carnival Cruise Lines.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Hal, please give Chad my best and tell him to phone me if he needs anything. Eaa has the phone or it is in informaition.
    I will do that, Bill - thank you.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    I AM REALLY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS
    You aren't the only one.

This doesn't make a lot of sense.

Chad is one of the people at HQ who seems to get it.

On the other hand, the magazine editor is turning Sport Aviation into a boring parody called "Safety Aviation". He clearly doesn't get it. But I assume his position is safe...