Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting a site with electric at Camp Scholler

Getting a site with electric at Camp Scholler

How early would I need to get to Camp Scholler to have a 100 percent chance of getting a site with electric?

The hookup spots are booked online not by first come/first serve.

If you don't have a reservation, the chances (well in most non-COVID years) are Zilch.

In past years the improved sites have been sold out 1.5 to 2 weeks prior to the show. Reservations for the sites open the same day the campground opens, but you will be paying for the site from the day you reserve it through the end of the show. Not sure if they offer refunds on those sites either, should you leave early.

No refunds, no backfilling either to my recollection.

EAA Staff
    You are actually purchasing the site, not reserving it, hence you are charged from the moment you click the mouse to complete the transaction, through Aug 1, regardless of when you actually arrive. No refunds, and no re-assignment of sites is allowed. We refer to it as "first paid, first served" and as a site is purchased it changes color on the map provided, so that you can tell which sites have already been purchased and which sites are still available. You may also call EAA member services at 800-564-6322, Monday-Friday, 8-5 central time if you have further questions. See you in OSH!

Tim

Tim, this procedure is totally unacceptable! No where in the USA does this even happen at RV campgrounds either private, state parks or federal camping facilities.
    You make reservations, you occupy what you reserve until you leave. How can the EAA expect someone to pay for a site that they will not use? If you make reservations from July 2 or so when you make a reservation to Aug 1 your purchasing the site? If your site is numbered and you have a reservation you should pay for what you use! I have NO issues for paying for what I use, but I will NOT pay for a site that I do NOT occupy or own("purchasing the site")! Once again TOTALLY unacceptable!

The entire campground is nothing more than a way for the EAA to pull in as much money as possible. The policies on the improved sites is clearly meant to generate as much revenue as possible. It kinda goes along with the practice of people being able to stake out the unimproved sites a month in advance even though they won't be occupying them until sometime during convention week. Great for folks who live nearby, not so good for the rest of us who travel a good distance to be there.
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

Hey Rod, those folks who go in early and stake out unimproved campsites also start paying from that day forward. So from that perspective the policy is uniform. But I do agree it favors folks who live closer. If you are a chapter member you can reserve a spot for your chapter and the chapter office folks go out stake out sites for all the various participating chapters.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    Tim, this procedure is totally unacceptable! No where in the USA does this even happen at RV campgrounds either private, state parks or federal camping facilities.
    You make reservations, you occupy what you reserve until you leave. How can the EAA expect someone to pay for a site that they will not use? If you make reservations from July 2 or so when you make a reservation to Aug 1 your purchasing the site? If your site is numbered and you have a reservation you should pay for what you use! I have NO issues for paying for what I use, but I will NOT pay for a site that I do NOT occupy or own("purchasing the site")! Once again TOTALLY unacceptable!

You have options, namely 2.........take it.....or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    If it wasn't that way, only certain people would get those sites, kinda like all the Motels and Hotels that book up several years in advance, all the good sites would be, "locked in" for decades.
    Bob