Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting a site with electric at Camp Scholler

Quote Originally Posted by mbalexander View Post
    You have options, namely 2.........take it.....or leave it.
    AND Fool and His Money are soon parted!

Here's another issue if I may! I was leaving my paid for site early, and guess what! Someone else was waiting to pull into my site that I PAID for! Hmm was this option approved?
    I guess the EAA campground staff was way to busy to deal with issues like this. Are they going to re-rent the site that I paid for? I guess the EAA person camping liked our site better than the one they paid for. If I paid for it, it should have a no occupancy sign on it until the end of the show! Double dipping if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    AND Fool and His Money are soon parted!

Here's another issue if I may! I was leaving my paid for site early, and guess what! Someone else was waiting to pull into my site that I PAID for! Hmm was this option approved?
    I guess the EAA campground staff was way to busy to deal with issues like this. Are they going to re-rent the site that I paid for? I guess the EAA person camping liked our site better than the one they paid for. If I paid for it, it should have a no occupancy sign on it until the end of the show! Double dipping if you ask me!
    Dude, I'm not trying to get into a pi$$ing match here but, if you are finished camping, you are leaving the camp ground and not returning, why even stress out over what happens to the camp site that you just abandoned ? Seems like a lot of angst over something you have no control over unless you stay in your spot. Hope you fair better next time you go.
    Bob

First, You’re operating on the mistaken premise that the slot is back filled.
    Second, those sites are high demand assets. Rage all you want, someone will pony up the bucks for the slot you didn’t reserve.
    Third, EAA’s rules usually come from years of experience (which isn’t always transparent) and at times is viewed as unpopular/unfair or just plain frustrating by its members. When you attend AV enough times you learn how EAA operates and cope.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Gents! I am not trying to get into a pissing contest with anyone! I just have questions about the sites which is not the normal type of an RV site. I have MANY years of RVing in America and this is not the norm. Someone posted that I am buying the site from the day it was reserved to the end of the show. Why should I pay for the site until the end of the show if it is going to be back filled to another vendor? I am also a Lifetime member and have been coming here for many years so it is not my first AirVenture.

If someone pulled into your site after you left, they did so without permission of EAA. EAA does not rebook the improved sites. It is your site from the day you book it and pay for it, and remains your site until the end of the show. Unlike the regular campground, no refunds are offered if you leave early, and they do not reopen the site for booking and payment.
    I am relatively certain there isn't anybody going around midweek to make sure who is on an improved site is the person who paid for it.

Just to put things in perspective, the Sleepy Hollow Farms campground has a 10 day minimum for a comparable site.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Thanks for clarification on the improved sites. I am not afraid of paying for the services of the sites while I am using them. I do understand that there is no refunds for unused time, my issue is not being able to reserve them for a specific arrival date until the end of the show. I WILL not pay for the site from July 2nd to the end of the month to have electricity and water. I did know about the other campsite and that procedure is not a problem!

Unfortunately, there are enough other people who are willing to pay from the beginning of July for the improved sites that it won't be changing anytime soon. I also have an issue with people being allowed to stake out the "first come, first served" campsites and not actually occupying the site until sometime during the week of the convention. In my opinion, you should be required to actually occupy the site. The current system highly favors folks who live close and have the money available to stake out a site far in advance of their actual arrival. Of course, this won't be changing anytime soon, either, because the entire convention has become a way for the EAA to squeeze as much money as possible from every person attending AirVenture. Yes, I've been a regular attendee for many years, not sure about the future...........
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by MNWORD View Post
    Thanks for clarification on the improved sites. I am not afraid of paying for the services of the sites while I am using them. I do understand that there is no refunds for unused time, my issue is not being able to reserve them for a specific arrival date until the end of the show. I WILL not pay for the site from July 2nd to the end of the month to have electricity and water. I did know about the other campsite and that procedure is not a problem!
    An option for you, there are generator sites that allow 24 hr use of generators I believe. I had a pop up camper with A/C there in 2018 and I do believe I received a refund for time not used. It's been two and a half years so I'm not sure, old age will do that to you. Hope you come to some satisfactory arrangement and make it to A/V this year.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    An option for you, there are generator sites that allow 24 hr use of generators I believe. I had a pop up camper with A/C there in 2018 and I do believe I received a refund for time not used. It's been two and a half years so I'm not sure, old age will do that to you. Hope you come to some satisfactory arrangement and make it to A/V this year.
    Bob
    Thanks Bob, we already have a Honda EU3000 Gen Set and a Water system that we have brought in the past and will bring this year again. We have used the 24 hour system with our travel trailer. As of this date we are planning on coming to AirVenture this year. Thanks again and I agree about old age!!
    Mike