Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Getting a site with electric at Camp Scholler

We joke, but for the first timers, bottled water is like $3 and the prices just go up from there. From a concessions stand point it’s like being trapped in a baseball or football stadium for a week.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

I will be there for a week if only to see a Howard DGA owner if his plane is there but he is off somewhere that day. I once took a Finnish exchange student to learn to skydive and she got to go up in the Howard and not the Cessna with it's door off. So that was in 1964 so --- well I also worked in a 3 story building with no elevator that was part of Jerry Vultee's company after it was taken over by North American to build the Apollo space capsules. Two different couples, two different fates. The Scott Slocum EAA photo of a red Howard (with 450 hp Pratt & Whitney 985? I worked there 1978 through 1981, in Florida) is my background on this computer.
    Last edited by 2ndsegment; 04-01-2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason: I'm not always accurate when confronted and fast on my feet

MODS - Why was my post deleted??

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by deftone View Post
    MODS - Why was my post deleted??
    Hello deftone, as this Forum is moderated by EAA, we cannot host discussion on our channels about any ongoing legal issues EAA is involved in. Thank you.
    Last edited by Sam Oleson; 04-02-2021 at 07:56 AM.

no problem Sam, In future perhaps send a PM to advise posters on why posts their mysteriously disappear, especially when no foul language etc is involved.

Just about everything takes plastic. I've been cashless pretty much at AirVenture since they got rid of Zaugs.

For a couple of years there was a really good Italian setup (Bucca di Beppo) out of Appleton but unfortunately the restaurant went under. But I’m a sucker for Italian. I believe that Zaugs is back, just not sure to what extent.

With high end food trucks all the rage, I wonder why EAA has not considered setting up a food truck park.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

. I believe that Zaugs is back, just not sure to what extent.

Gosh, I hope not. The EAA site lists the same list of restaurants (more or less) as the past two years: Machien Shed, Major Goolsby's, Roxy, Thunder Bay, A &W, and Benvenutos. There may be a couple of new ones in there, I don't recognize all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    . I believe that Zaugs is back, just not sure to what extent.
    If we google Zaugs, EAA Museum concessions pops up on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    For a couple of years there was a really good Italian setup (Bucca di Beppo) out of Appleton but unfortunately the restaurant went under. But I’m a sucker for Italian.
    I order the veal parmigiana at The Roxy Supper Club in downtown Oshkosh every year without fail. Some of the best I've had. The city/dorm bus from the bus park gets you within 4 blocks of the place. Free one way and $5 to get back. YOU MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR THE RESTAURANT. Don't be too late or you'll be calling Uber to back.