Thread: Getting a site with electric at Camp Scholler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Getting a site with electric at Camp Scholler

How early would I need to get to Camp Scholler to have a 100 percent chance of getting a site with electric?

The hookup spots are booked online not by first come/first serve.

If you don't have a reservation, the chances (well in most non-COVID years) are Zilch.

In past years the improved sites have been sold out 1.5 to 2 weeks prior to the show. Reservations for the sites open the same day the campground opens, but you will be paying for the site from the day you reserve it through the end of the show. Not sure if they offer refunds on those sites either, should you leave early.

No refunds, no backfilling either to my recollection.

EAA Staff
    You are actually purchasing the site, not reserving it, hence you are charged from the moment you click the mouse to complete the transaction, through Aug 1, regardless of when you actually arrive. No refunds, and no re-assignment of sites is allowed. We refer to it as "first paid, first served" and as a site is purchased it changes color on the map provided, so that you can tell which sites have already been purchased and which sites are still available. You may also call EAA member services at 800-564-6322, Monday-Friday, 8-5 central time if you have further questions. See you in OSH!

Tim

Tim, this procedure is totally unacceptable! No where in the USA does this even happen at RV campgrounds either private, state parks or federal camping facilities.
    You make reservations, you occupy what you reserve until you leave. How can the EAA expect someone to pay for a site that they will not use? If you make reservations from July 2 or so when you make a reservation to Aug 1 your purchasing the site? If your site is numbered and you have a reservation you should pay for what you use! I have NO issues for paying for what I use, but I will NOT pay for a site that I do NOT occupy or own("purchasing the site")! Once again TOTALLY unacceptable!