Sorry, I confused myself and threw in commercial time on an instrument question. Regs state: Accumulate and log a specified amount of training and experience; the following are part of the airplane single-engine land class rating requirements:If training under Part 61, at least 250 hours of piloting time including 20 hours of training with an instructor and 10 hours of solo flight, and other requirements including several "cross-country" flights, i.e. more than 50 nautical miles (93*km) from the departure airport (which include Day VFR and Night VFR 100*nmi (190*km) between points, with a time of at least 2hrs; also one cross country which is done solo 250*nmi (460*km) one way, 300*nmi (560*km) total distance with landings at 3 airports) and both solo and instructor-accompanied night flightsIf training under Part 141, at least 190 hours of training time including 55 hours with an instructor and 10 hours of solo flight, and other requirements including several cross-country, solo, and night flights