Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liability Insurance where go you buy it?

Liability Insurance where go you buy it?

I need liability insurance at my country airport, what company provides it?

EAA has partnered with Falcon Insurance, check with them to see if you can get the coverage you need.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-membersh...nsurance-in-us

Ron Wanttaja

In years past I've purchased third-party liability insurance for UL and light sport aircraft via the United States Ultralight Association. However, I'm not sure if they still offer insurance, guess you can contact them to find out:

https://www.usua.org
    Sam Buchanan
    The RV Journal RV-6 build log
    Fokker D.VII semi-replica build log

Avemco, Falcon, EAA, USUA, ASC, others.

Quote Originally Posted by mjbavid View Post
    I need liability insurance at my country airport, what company provides it?
    Since you posted in the Ultralight forum I assume you want liability for your UL. The third-party policy I used via USUA was the only option I could find for an ultralight. The common aircraft insurance carriers wouldn't offer a policy for anything without an experimental or standard airworthiness certificate.
    Sam Buchanan

Hey Sam just for kicks I went to the USUA site and followed their link for insurance. First Flight Insurance’s website states that they provide liability insurance for watercraft and ground based vehicles (and some high risk events) but made no mention of ULs. Maybe it’s a special offering for USUA members only????
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    Hey Sam just for kicks I went to the USUA site and followed their link for insurance. First Flight Insurance’s website states that they provide liability insurance for watercraft and ground based vehicles (and some high risk events) but made no mention of ULs. Maybe it’s a special offering for USUA members only????
    Correct, you have to be a USUA member. Just consider it part of the premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    The insurance was just for USUA members ($20/yr when I used the insurance) but the lack of info leads me to suspect the insurance is no longer available from First Flight. They previously had aviation insurance info on the site and the USUA home page no longer mentions insurance. A couple of emails would probably put this question to rest.
    Last edited by Sam Buchanan; 11-24-2020 at 08:52 AM.
    Sam Buchanan

With the loss of the 103 training exemptions, insurance was about the only thing USUA did in recent years.

Has anybody found more current information? USUA site seems kinda broken; I sent a question about insurance offerings to the contact form, we'll see if they get back to me.