Thread: Cessna 140 transport advise

Cessna 140 transport advise

Looking at picking up a project. Anyone know if it will fit on a 16' trailer? Wings and engine are off. Trying to figure out the logistics of hauling this thing. Any recommendations on loading/ securing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Firebreed View Post
    Looking at picking up a project. Anyone know if it will fit on a 16' trailer? Wings and engine are off. Trying to figure out the logistics of hauling this thing. Any recommendations on loading/ securing.
    I hauled a 120 on a 16 ft trailer so it's possible depending on the type trailer. Might have to put it on tail first and/or built a saddle for the rear fuselage. The main landing gear is about ~7-1/2 ft wide and the trailer deck was ~6 ft so had to get creative there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Firebreed View Post
    A friend just brought a 140 back from Texas in a U-Haul Box trailer.
    Bob

Alright that's promising. I'll double check my buddies trailer. We were already planning on bringing up lumber secure it so hopefully we bring enough.

I have used a ratchet strap to "narrow" 170 landing gear so it would fit on a trailer. I agree with loading tail first.

Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    I have used a ratchet strap to "narrow" 170 landing gear so it would fit on a trailer. I agree with loading tail first.
    Thank you for the advice with the belt, it is very helpful!