Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Find A Download Link

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can't Find A Download Link

I have carefully followed the instructions on this page, and in the PDF document I received after completing Step 2 of those instructions.

The PDF directs me to: 1. uninstall previous versions (not applicable); 2. go to solidworks.com/sek (done); 3. fill out the request form with EAA's info (done); and, 4. Download SolidWorks. It ain't that easy. Read on...

After completing Steps 1 through 3, I was taken to a registration page for "MySolidWorks." I reluctantly completed that registration with the same contact info I have on file with EAA (why does DS need my physical home address and phone number?). They said I would get an email with a link to click to complete my registration, but that email never came.

I tried logging in anyway and was accepted, but my profile in MySolidWorks shows me as a "Guest" user. If I click the link to register as a "Student," it asks for a school name, year of graduation, student serial number, etc. Clearly, that doesn't apply to EAA members.

I cannot find any way to download the software, and no evidence that SolidWorks linked me to EAA. Why does it have to be this difficult, and where do I need to look for the SolidWorks download?

Thanks.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

It gets better...

When I look at my profile on my.solidworks.com, and click on "Manage your SOLIDWORKS ID," it takes me to a page at customerportal.solidworks.com that shows my name, email and phone number, but a company name of "Eaa" and someone else's address in Toledo, OH. I live in Toledo, WA, and I definitely entered my own address when I registered.

I would sincerely appreciate any help getting this mess fixed.
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings

I'm having the the same guest but no links to download problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post
    I have carefully followed the instructions on this page, and in the PDF document I received after completing Step 2 of those instructions.

The PDF directs me to: 1. uninstall previous versions (not applicable); 2. go to solidworks.com/sek (done); 3. fill out the request form with EAA's info (done); and, 4. Download SolidWorks. It ain't that easy. Read on...

After completing Steps 1 through 3, I was taken to a registration page for "MySolidWorks." I reluctantly completed that registration with the same contact info I have on file with EAA (why does DS need my physical home address and phone number?). They said I would get an email with a link to click to complete my registration, but that email never came.

I tried logging in anyway and was accepted, but my profile in MySolidWorks shows me as a "Guest" user. If I click the link to register as a "Student," it asks for a school name, year of graduation, student serial number, etc. Clearly, that doesn't apply to EAA members.

I cannot find any way to download the software, and no evidence that SolidWorks linked me to EAA. Why does it have to be this difficult, and where do I need to look for the SolidWorks download?

Thanks.

The email from SolidWorks finally arrived, five hours later. I clicked the link in the email to verify my email address, which produced a page thanking me for doing so and inviting me to login. When I did, I ended up on a "Siebel Customer Portal Home" page. This has a section for downloads, but virtually all of the choices are grayed out with a little lock icon next to them. The lock means, "Active subscription service contract required for full access."

So, still no way to download the SolidWorks installer.
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings

I'm filling in everything here, but what do they want for the date? I've filled this in a bunch of times now. I keep getting sent to various webpages, I eventually see one that says I'm a guest. I've seen one that says it has down load links but they are disabled. How does one download SolidWorks?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Same here. I followed the instructions, Solidworks asked me to create an account, I did that... and now there's no sign of a download link.

I thought maybe I had to register as a student, and it accepted the serial number and says I have a year's subscription, but still no sign of a download link.

If I go through the process again, it asks for the same info then just takes me to the 'My Profile' page.

I recently switched computers to run SW on and am having the same issues with getting a download link. Thought maybe it was because it was the weekend, but havne't seen anything yet today. If you guys get it figured out, please post what worked here so I can try it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tebawg View Post
    I'm filling in everything here, but what do they want for the date?
    I used today's date. See my last post, above; I seem to have broken the code. Go through the process using Explorer, register as a student, give it some time to cogitate, then the Download button might appear. If you're lucky.
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings

Somewhat predictably, the installation failed. I entered EAA's serial numbers (using copy/paste, so no fat-finger errors) into the installer for the core program and for the Electrical Schematic and PCB components. There are two separate entry lines for "SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic" and "SOLIDWORKS PCB," and entering the single EAA serial number for both returns the following error:

"Enter a different serial number for each product. (Note that SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium include some of the listed products and do not require additional serial numbers.)"

I unchecked the "SOLIDWORKS PCB" component and tried again. This time it contacted the server, then returned this error:

"Your serial number does not entitle you to SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic 2020. If your license is new, you may want to try again later. Otherwise contact your reseller to verify that the number is correct. You will still be able to choose the products you want to install, but you will not be able to download any installation files. If you continue without downloading enabled, you will need to provide a complete set of download source files or a DVD from which to install."

Is anyone at EAA monitoring this forum? Can someone sort out the serial numbers and let us know what to use for the Electrical Schematic and PCB components? The serial number listed in the instructions that are provided at Step 2, here, is apparently dead.
    Last edited by Eric Page; 11-09-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    Eric Page
    Map of Landings

Same exact problem here.